Our forever Baby Beau is turning one year in less than 2 weeks. This year he’s definitely built up my arm strength, and filled our house with so much love and joy. Shep and Beau have the sweetest bond, which is quickly turning into a true brotherly love with lots of floor rolling/wrestling and now some epic battles for toys.
I think what has amazed me the most about this year is that while Shep and Beau have really different personalities, they have been really similar in sleeping patterns, milestones and size. While Beau hasn’t started walking yet, it’s not far off. He’s starting to do “no hands” and I have a feeling it’s right around the corner.
Parenting 2 under 2 has definitely been challenging at times, but I can say every night I hit the bed grateful and fulfilled in a way I never have before. Some days I see looks from other people as I try carrying the two of them into a grocery store – some pity, some with nostalgia of raising little kids – and all I want to say is “I’ll carry them forever if they want me to!” My boys are my everything, and having two of them so little is busy and exhausting but amazing too. I really do want them to stay little forever!
On to Beau’s monthly update – the last before the big O-N-E!
Weight: 30 lbs
- Wearing size 18 months/2T
- Pulling himself up on furniture and getting around a lot faster
- Standing on two feet for several seconds
- Walking with his walker
- Using a sippy cup to try small amounts of diluted juice and whole milk
- Mimicking things we say or do: Clapping, blowing bubbles, “yelling” at his brother
- Dancing to music by moving his head and arms
- Eating almost all table food (no tough meats, spicy foods, etc.)
- Says “mama” “dada” “coop”
- Loves wrestling with his brother and is pretty daring!
- Diaper changes – these have become big battles. Some messy. I truly dread changing his diaper because I know he’s going to want to flip over as soon as I finally wrangle it off of him.
- Getting dressed.
- Cold foods – I noticed that he really likes everything to be slightly warmed up (but not bottles!)
- Being anywhere still for too long – I’m seeing our days of eating out “peacefully” dwindling – he’s on the move and doesn’t want anything to slow him down!
- Wakes up around 6 am, first nap at 9:30 to 11, second nap is 2-4:30 and bedtime is around 7:30 or 8.
- I’d say 2 nights a week he’s either waking up in the middle of the night or really early, but this is a huge improvement from a couple of months ago.
Our Favorite Things This Month:
- Like most moms, I’m tired. Shep has been waking up more than Beau lately, so that’s been fun.
- I had such a wonderful time on our weekend trip to San Diego – I’m forever grateful to my mom for being the best Gammie ever. Living close by has been amazing!
- I’ve kind of had a “blah” week honestly – reasoning why my posts have been a little less frequent than last week. I’ve been going almost all hours of the day with freelancing (which is AWESOME) and all the free moments are with the boys or just keeping the house clean. Normal life stuff!
- I finally feel like our home is coming together. I posted the first house update reveal last week, if you missed it here’s the link. Like anyone, there are lots of other projects swirling in my head, but I think we’ll all feel good with a little break.
- I must say my “mom friends” here in Columbus are amazing. I’ve truly never had such a big group of friends in my life. Some are local bloggers, a lot of neighbors and some high school or college friends. If you are reading this – I am so, so thankful for your friendship and feel so appreciative to have this support group as we continue this amazing motherhood journey together!
- I’m thankful for this blog and how it’s grown over the past couple of months. Thank YOU for reading – wherever you are!