Today is the first day I’m a part of Thoughts for Thursday, a linkup I’ve been following since I started blogging. If you are new to a linkup, it’s a place where bloggers come to post their latest posts, participate in the conversation for the day and find new bloggers.
For today, I thought I would do a really simple Thoughts for Thursday and introduce myself again to my readers by sharing 10 Random Things About Me. I know many of you have stumbled across my blog through various other linkups or maybe social media, so I want to say THANK YOU for stopping on by and I appreciate you so much!
- I am in bed by 9 pm most nights. Always by 10. It gets to be a little weird because even on vacation, it’s hard for me to stay up late. After so many years of early rising and going to bed early, I can’t break it. New Year’s Eve is my enemy.
- I met my husband at Chipotle. I got a free coupon for a burrito that day and I had just graduated college, so I was pretty broke and up for a free dinner. He started talking to me on the patio and we ended up meeting up later that weekend.
- I am one of four girls. I am the oldest and we all live across the country and are about a year and a half apart. Wendy is the next (Chicago), Laura (NYC) and Jessica (San Diego). They are truly my best friends and all incredible ladies!
- I have pretty intense travel anxiety. This is something new I’ve realized and is keeping me from traveling too far outside the US anymore. As soon as I’m in the plane, I miss my boys way too much and it’s just not worth it. I told Clint our trips can’t require a passport for awhile.
- I ended up gaining the same amount of weight for both boys (by the pound). I gained the weight differently, but for both boys gained 29 pounds total during my pregnancies.
- I love working. I was going to take some time to stay home with the boys since we moved here to Columbus, but I find myself working more than ever (but thankfully, from home). I carve out Monday and Fridays to only be with the boys, and otherwise I’m pretty much always going. Whether it’s freelancing, consulting, blogging, or some other side projects, I’m always squeezing something in. I particularly love writing, editing and everything with words. I’ve learned God wired me that way, and it’s not worth fighting!
- I am a former pageant girl. I was Miss Junior Teen Ohio 2002 and a runner up in the Junior Miss (young Miss America system pageants). Think what you want about pageants, I learned confidence to speak to large groups, earned lots of scholarship money and met some incredible women. I truly am thankful for those experiences!
- I have some really big babies. Shep and Beau were both born under 7 1/2 pounds, but then grew really fast. Both of my boys are always on the 99% to 100% in height, 90% in weight. My father-in-law (who loves reading this blog, love him!) is 6 ft 8 and used to play college basketball, so I think the boys got those genes. My family is pretty short!
- I’m a really active person. I love running and working out, don’t really like yoga or Pilates, but I’m constantly moving. It drives my husband crazy sometimes. From the second I wake up until I go to sleep, I’m pretty on-the-go. It’s partly fueled by caffeine, otherwise a little adult ADD is likely the culprit.
- I’m very loyal. Some of my best friends have been mine since 2nd grade, and their friendships mean the world to me. I’ve never had a LOT of friends, but always a handful of really good friends I knew I could count on and would keep it real. I like it that way.
And with THAT – I’m off to San Diego with my husband for our 5 year wedding anniversary. I’m a little bummed about the rain, but I know we will have a blast. Enjoy your weekends!
Link up with us below!
Link up starts at 7 am EST.