Happy Friday everyone! We’re having some family visit this weekend so I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone. It’s been awhile since I’ve just offered up some random family updates and my thoughts, so I’m jumping into Five on Friday for the first time in a long time.
- First and foremost, I’ve been pretty emotional thinking about my sister Jessica and her husband Brian (my brother-in-law). He’s deploying for about six months (he’s a Navy helicopter pilot) and it’s going to be the longest they will be apart. I’m so thankful for his service, and ask everyone keep him in your thoughts and prayers – along with my sister too. I know so many military families experience this, and you are all heroes.
- Laura got engaged to her boyfriend Corbin a couple of weeks ago, and we’re all through the moon excited putting together ideas for their wedding and bachelorette party. All of my sisters have found such wonderful guys, we really lucked out. And it’s so fun when we are all together, it’s like we have our own lifelong group of couple friends. I can’t believe this will be the last of the Wlodychak sister weddings!
- I finally splurged and got these Ray-Ban Round Mirror sunnies and I’m so glad I did. The mirror on the lens is super pretty and bright and perfect for time away from the kids. I’m still a little paranoid to wear them when I’m with Beau because he’s super into pulling things off my face lately, and they are pretty fragile and light.
- Beau just had some middle molars come in and it was pretty rough. Poor guy was not himself and it was breaking my heart. All he wanted to do was be held, and anytime I put him down he would hysterically cry. I was a little exhausted and overall just felt bad for him because I knew he was not himself. Then on Sunday he woke up and he was cheerful, go-lucky Beau again! Thankfully the pool was a good distraction and the weather has been gorgeous. We’ve also been exploring more and more parks this week, and our favorite was Rocky Fork Metro Park. Both Beau and Shep went up the stairs and down the slide a few dozen times!
- Have you read all the recent blog posts about just going for it and wearing the two piece? I can’t lie, I don’t feel super comfortable in a two-piece bathing suit. But I also kind of don’t care. In fact, Shep told me at the pool that he loved my rolls (the horror!) I’m all about self-improvement but I’ll waste an entire summer if I worry about my stomach rolls. So to all those other mamas who choose to wear the suits they love – Cheers!
I hope you have a lovely weekend, friends!