While Beau won’t have all his months published like I did for his big brother Shep, I’ll do my best to catch everyone up on this big ball of love. And when I say big I mean BIG. 24 pounds of pure sweetness.
- He started sitting up unassisted (confidently) last month, and this month he’s rolling all across the floor. We’ll see if that means he starts crawling soon. I wouldn’t mind waiting another month or so – he’s no longer stationary and it’s already making the day more chaotic.
- Still no teeth, but teething like crazy!
Things he likes:
- I’m putting him in these leggings most days. It’s still warm in Columbus, but cooler than Florida so I don’t let him go bare legged much.
- Chew toys are his jam. Here are his favorites lately:
- Beau gets 2 “meals” per day, either a fruit or a veggie, and breakfast includes oatmeal. Some days I make the food with this Magic Bullet for baby food, other days I buy Beechnut baby food. The rest of the day he gets breast milk bottles, normally 5 or 6 ounces and usually 5 bottles. Notice how my schedules vastly differ from when I had Shep? It’s sooo hard keeping a consistent schedule with the second, I just make sure I follow the Eat/Play/Sleep pattern as much as I can.
- Some days Beau gets 2 naps, other days he gets 3. He is sleeping through the night, but this is new. Up until our trip, he was waking around 3 am. I was terrified sleeping in hotels and a play pack would throw him, but it did the opposite (I told you he was heaven-sent!)
- I love our Tuesdays and Thursdays together when Shepard is in school. I try VERY hard to not get too caught up in getting things done on these days and spend some quality one on one time with my precious boy. We have a very special bond, and he has been my peace in the craziness of the past few months. He is so incredibly special and sweet, I love him just as much, and differently than my treasured first boy. It is amazing how as a mother our capacity to love grows with the number of children we have, and they each show us new things in life. This boy will be the one to help me slow down, savor and enjoy life!
- I have been busy with a few clients as I dig into freelancing, and I’m navigating time management which is much trickier than when you head into an office. Everyday I choose to give myself grace, and keep doing the best I can. Right now I am NOT missing a commute, and enjoying this time with my boys so much.
- Can I share a short crazy story from this week that had me crying/laughing/puking (yes you can do all these things at once as a mom)? We had gotten back from a playdate and had a great day overall. Shep’s diaper was quite large so I decided to do a quick change, thinking it was a pee diaper since he’s fairly predictable now at his age. Well lo and behold he had quite present in there for me. I was not expecting it and it ended up on our rug. It was a LOT and it was absolutely disgusting. I ran to grab a rag, and watched as our mobile Beau flopped his hand right in the mess. I AM NOT KIDDING. We all ran upstairs for baths and by the time Clint came home everyone was squeaky clean and happy as can be. Oh, if only he had seen the last hour!
Do you have a 7 month old? What are they doing at this age? Did you have a crazy toddler/baby life story happen this week? SHARE!