Here’s our monthly update for our sweet Baby Beau! If you have a little one around the same age, it’s fun to see what they are up to and what types of toys and clothes that help during this time. I always love reading other bloggers’ monthly updates and seeing how their babies are growing and progressing. I think we can all agree it goes by way too fast!
Month 8 for Baby Beau has been a little rocky. But Beau is the type of baby boy where people ask me, “does he ever cry?” (YES!) Ever since the day he was born, he’s been gentle and sweet and calm. But not so with month 8, and I felt so bad for him. His two bottom teeth made their appearance, and with that lots of drool that caused his face to break out. Add to that his desire (and attempts) to crawl and you had a baby with a less than creamy complexion and disposition.
- He’s rocking back and forth and pushing himself forward. Sometimes he rolls all across the room, sometimes he reaches really far and lounges for things. Not quite a crawl, but it’s starting to look like his own version of it. He doesn’t love being in bouncers anymore, and loves the freedom of rolling everywhere.
- His two bottom teeth came in, and they are SO CUTE!
- Beau is babbling a lot more, with new sounds. He’s saying Mama pretty consistently, and everything else just sounds like he’s talking to Shep.
- He’s eating some new foods like shredded cheese, yogurt, cut up bread, noodles and chunky avocado and banana. When his teeth were coming in he had almost no interest in food (shocker!) but now he’s back to his normal hungry self.
- He’s in sizes 12/18 months and I’m mostly buying 18/24 months in whatever he needs so we get the most wear out of it. Diapers he’s in size 5, and I’m loving Kirkland brand lately.
- He’s eating 3-4 “meals” per day, usually pureed or chunky fruits and veggies, plus oatmeal, yogurt, shredded cheese or noodles. The only food I found he does not like is cottage cheese. That face was priceless.
- Down to two naps these days! During teething these were SHORT but now he’s back to 2, 1-2 hour naps per day. He wakes up most days around 6-6:30 and goes down at night around 7 pm.
- I’m down to pumping four times per day, and it’s truly so much better getting back a whole HOUR of my day not hooked up to a pump. What’s great is that now that Beau is eating more foods, he’s taking in less milk, so he’s almost 100% breastfed still. He’s gotten a few formula bottles when he was teething and wanting to drink more milk, but other than that we’re still going strong. I was going to stop at 9 months, but pumping four times a day is totally fine, so no immediate plans to stop now.
- I’m amazed by how COLD fall is right now. I thought it would be a gradual cooldown but 50 degrees in the mornings (and some mornings have even been 30/40 degrees) is REALLY cold. We already turned our heat on. I know, we’re big wimps.
- I’m still figuring out the right balance for Shep’s childcare/socialization situation. Freelancing and consulting has been BUSY, so it’s a must at this point. I did find a babysitter who is going to start coming once per week so I can get out of the house, and she can take care of both boys. She speaks Spanish fluently so will be helping Shep learn a new language. He’s also starting a new preschool in January that is faith-based, which was important to us. Lastly to round out Shep’s fun little schedule, I’m organizing a playgroup and I’m really looking forward to meeting some new friends myself!
- HomeChef is making my life a whole lot easier these days. Have you tried it? Each week you pick your meals, and then they send the fresh produce and ingredients on Tuesdays in a package with ice packs. They include easy-to-follow instructions and help you step outside of your comfort zone when it comes to recipes. Here’s a link with a free trial coupon.
OUR FAVORITE THINGS THIS MONTH, SHOP BELOW!
Do you have an 8 month old? What are they doing at this age? Did you have a crazy toddler/baby life story happen this week? SHARE!