When your baby hits the double month mark, I think it’s common to start freaking out and realizing “holy cow, he’s almost one year!”
I may have skipped the 9 month blog post, but we’re totally enjoying watch this little boy grow. At 10 months, he’s really starting to act more toddler than baby, but I still try to steal those little snuggles as much as I can. I know in a month or two this guy will be cruising all over the house and he won’t want to slow down for anything. Thankfully, I’ve seen with Shep that right around 2, they want to snuggle more (thank goodness!)
Weight: 28.5 lbs
Height: 32 inches
These are for real, people. Sometimes I have to make really loud sounds to actually pick him up. I love my big butterball!
- A much later crawler than his brother, there is no stopping him now. He does a mix between army crawling and regular crawling, but there are many moments where Clint and I say, “where did Beau go?” and we realize he’s snuck up between a chair or across the dining room. He’s sneaky fast!
- He’s starting to pull up on furniture, which is great for his development but a big pain for me. Time to start baby-proofing like crazy!
- He’s wearing either 18 months or 2T clothes, depending on how stretchy the thigh area is (#bigbabyproblems). At this point when Shep grows out of something I’m just transferring it right to Beau’s drawers.
- He still has only two teeth (on the bottom), but his top two teeth are close, and he’s putting everything in his mouth.
- He’s not walking yet so not really in shoes, but he wears his brother’s Freshly Picked mocs, and I just got him his first pair in a size 4 (the Golden Honey color). Those definitely wear well and are good to pass down!
- He loves giving open mouth kisses and giggling. Now that snuggles are limited because he wants to be on the go, I savor the little moments he wants to give me a kiss.
- Two naps per day, usually 9 to 11 and 2 to 4:30. He’s usually down for bed at night by 7:30/7:45.
- He eats almost everything we eat (and I mean EVERYTHING). He’s got quite an appetite! He didn’t love pineapple when I tried feeing him that. I usually cut most things up pretty small unless they are really soft.
- Beau sleeps in a Zippy just like his brother, and these are super great with the cold weather. I’ve only had to buy him one of his own, he’s loving the hand-me-downs!
- Beau is starting to get frustrated when his brother takes one of his toys (rightfully so!) But sometimes I also think he’s slightly dramatic which is quite adorable. The crocodile tears start flowing as soon as his toy gets yanked, and if anyone knows Beau, he almost never cries so it’s pretty sad.
- Shepard always wants to hold Beau and asks to sit down and hold him. But he’s also recognizing how big his brother is getting and isn’t afraid to rough house a little bit. We stay close-by to make sure it’s in good fun.
- There are days I’m super tired because Beau woke up so early (I thought these days were supposed to be over after the early infant days). Mostly though, life has settled into a more predictable pattern. The holidays were wonderful but when we don’t have a week with activities everyone does start to get a little stir-crazy.
- Clint and I finally feel like we are getting back into a date night groove, and I’m loving them! Columbus has endless amounts of new restaurants to try, so it’s been fun, especially with guests in town.
- Most of the major renovations we wanted to complete before 2017 are done (YAY!) Now, we are thinking about the master bathroom update but not quite sure when we want to start another major project like that. I will definitely show some pictures in an upcoming post with how the floors turned out.
- He started his first Gymboree class and loves socializing with other kiddos and the bubbles (of course the bubbles!)
- He’s bundled up a lot more now that it’s so cold, so I’m trying to find super soft sweaters and leggings to keep him stylish and warm.
What’s your baby up to these days? What milestones are they hitting at this age?
Shop Beau’s Nursery